- Make up movements to fit an imaginary theme or story e.g. getting ready for school, the Olympics, space adventure, mystery adventure.
- Describe the storyline/theme as the movements are performed e.g. I cycle my bike, I swim the lake, etc. The children often have the best ideas, it’s the parent/carers job to help ensure the moves are energetic.
To give you some ideas, here’s an example of an imaginary theme:
Leapers theme – Bumpy the elephant’s jungle trek:
- Follow Bumpy through the jungle
- Climb a tree to gather fruit
- Swing to another tree on a vine
- Jump down to the ground
- Lift up a boulder to see underneath
- Jump about brushing off biting ants
- Dive in the river for a swim
- You spot crocodiles – Freeze!
- Climb up a vine to get out of the water
- Dry yourself off head to toe with a towel
Please also read our general guidelines on the Parents/Carers Information page.